Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 and LDAP Directory

We us an LDAP directory in our company for employee phone numbers and e-mail. Everything was working fine until we upgraded to iOS 7. Since the upgrade none of the phones can connect to the LDAP server. Our LDAP server is OpenLDAP 2.4.21 running on Ubuntu Linux 10.04.2. The only error I see in the server logs is "slapd[4274]: SASL [conn=17931020] Failure: no secret in database" and we get an unable to verify error on the iPhones. The iPhones are all iPhone 5. I have been unsuccessful so far in finding any documentation on LDAP and iOS 7. Has anyone else run into this or have ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks....

Jeff

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 5:48 AM

12 replies

Oct 2, 2013 6:32 PM in response to Grymlock

Hi, we have been facing same issue with LDAP search with IOS7. We use active directory LDAP server and this was working fine in IOS6, and still works in IOS6. I posted this on the following forum.. Hope Apple resolves this soon.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-12545_102-602190/ldap-account-has-stopped-working-in -ios7/?messageId=5503347&tag=nl.rCOMBINED&s_cid=rCOMBINED&ttag=rCOMBINED&ftag=#m essage5503347

Nov 7, 2013 3:05 PM in response to Grymlock

Hi All,

I have managed to make LDAP search work by doing the following, only for intranet use. I still can't make it work over the internet. I am still working on it now.

Delete the existing entry and add a fresh one.

Server : name of your ldap server (only the name or ip address, ldap. or domain name should NOT be specified)

User name : uid=user name, ou=container, dc=domain name,dc=com (continue if you have .au or other extensions)

Password:user password

When you click on save, click on ok for non SSL and continue with save settings.

You should be able to see under the search settings your domain name appearing automatically.

Give a restart to your device and check LDAP search in contacts, email. It should work.

Please let me know if you get through with LDAP search this way.

Only thing i have changed here from earlier settings is the username format. I used to key in user name as domainname\user name earlier.

Apple has still not got back with a solution.

Cheers

iOS 7 and LDAP Directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.