Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo stream not working after ios7 update

after updating to ios7 new photos taken with my iPhone 4S are not streaming automatically. my photo stream is activated in settings on all devices.

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 5:29 AM

196 replies

Sep 24, 2013 5:43 AM in response to mkmcfr

just to be more precise, this is not a problem with older photos in my photo stream which are still there. it is new photos taken with iPhone 4S since the upgrade to ios7. however, i can share these photos in a new stream, but they will not go to my photo stream on any device, including the iPhone i took them on.

Sep 24, 2013 5:56 AM in response to mkmcfr

i just took a new photo with my iPad 3 and it went automatically to my photo stream, so i took a new photo with the iPhone 4 and it worked, too. so, the mystery now is, why didn't the 5 or 6 photos i took last night in a club go to my photo stream? of course, there was no wifi in the club, but i have done that before and as soon as i get to a wifi network, they show up.

i guess i have to consider this problem solved because it's working now, but the pictures i took last night did not work for some reason. of course, i was able to manually share them in a new photo stream, but the whole beauty of my photo stream is that it works automatically and i get them immediately on other devices and my home computers.

Sep 24, 2013 6:00 AM in response to mkmcfr

How long have you waited for the new photos to upload?

I noticed, that I simply had to be patient and the photos appeared eventually in the Photo Stream and on the other devices. Probably the iCloud servers are still very busy after the recent release of IOS 7. Does the network work well for you in all other respects?

If the problem persists, you could try to reset your iPhone. For many posters here it has helped with similar problems:

Go to "Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings"

-- Léonie

Sep 24, 2013 8:44 AM in response to léonie

hi léonie,

yes, i know it sometimes takes awhile to sync, but the 6 photos i took last night in the club, where there was no wifi, have not shown up in my photo stream. usually, they will sync once i have returned to a wifi network.

fortunately, i could share them in a new stream which i could then fetch on my home computers.

however, i have taken new photos today and it has worked seamlessly. so, i consider the problem resolved even though it is still a mystery for the 6 photos i took last night.

i generally enjoy the my photo stream service, although i am never sure where to erase photos. i have determined that once they are on all devices, you must erase the photos on all devices individually.

i use this server frequently as i take pictures all day and edit them when i get home. it is good to have the photos on the server and not have to physically download them to the machine on which i do my sorting and editing.

now, if only it would work with adobe lightroom, it would be perfect.

mk

Sep 26, 2013 7:08 PM in response to odysseus

I just had a similar problem. I went on a walk and took photos with both my iPhone 4S and 3rd generation iPad. When I got home, I activated my wifi. All the iPad photos streamed perfectly. Only two of my iPhone photos (and they weren't consecutive shots) went to the photo stream album. It's been 2 hours... I just did an iCloud backup but that didn't make any difference....

Sep 27, 2013 7:21 AM in response to mkmcfr

I'm having the same issues. Any photos taken on my iPhone 4s since ios7 are not showing up in my Photo Stream on my Macbook. The oldest one was taken 4 days ago.

What's curious is that in iPhoto on my Macbook, the preview thumbnail of my Photo Stream DOES show the latest photo taken on my phone. But when I click on it to open the stream, it's not there.

Missing this feature big time. Hope there's an answer for it soon.

Oct 1, 2013 6:59 PM in response to mkmcfr

I Have taken many pictures and the only way I know to get them to go to my photo stream is to select and "share" those pictures. They no longer automatically stream. In addition I can no longer find the 1000 pictures that were in my iCloud. At least they are nowhere to be found on my phone. I think I have lost all these photos.

Oct 3, 2013 9:38 AM in response to odysseus

I had this happen to me also. For me the fix was to plug my iOS devise into my computer via the USB cable. The photos synced that way as I expected. Then photostream began to work again as well. I tested the fix by taking a picture with my iOS devise and seeing if it found it's way to my Mac. It did. I then added a photo to my Mac and it synced to my other devise via photostream. Prior to physically plugging in with the USB cable photostream did nothing. It was very frustrating but it works fine again now. Good luck!

photo stream not working after ios7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.