Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AE Time Capsule WiFi signal issues now??

Hi folks,

I bought the new AE Time Capsule when it first came out X number of months ago.

I live in a small townhouse and never had any issues previously with my WiFi signal, even when I had just the AE base station. I noticed though over the past few days, it seems like one of my Airport Express will lose its WiFi signal and it is literally 15 feet from my AETC. Now using Google Chromecast that is less than 50 feet away from my AETC, the Chromecast device shows a 2 bar wifi signal instead of 4. I haven't moved anything and the only new updates in our house is iOS7 on our iPads, and iPhones.

This past Sunday I know our Google Chromecast couldn't find the Chromecast device, which I know is a Google product. The reason for my posting here, then I noticed 1 of our AE being offline, while the other 2 seemed fine. I did swap out our cable modem from a Dlink modem to a Motorola SB6141 cable modem. Now last night, I also noticed our Belkin WeMo devices could not be found. Not sure what is going on, seems like only the past few days we are having WiFi issues... Is there something going on intermittently from the iOS7 upgrade?

Something is going on??????? Please let me know your thoughts. When I reset the AETC everything seemed fine for a little while, everything came back online. However it seems last night (Monday night), the Belkin WeMo devices were taking a long time to populate. So I am having issues with our WiFi overall in our home using Apples AE, Belkins WeMo devices (we only have the plug switches) and Google Chromecast. The common item is all of these devices are wireless connections.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 7:06 AM

1 reply

Jan 20, 2014 10:03 AM in response to rojik.romesburg

I just wanted to confirm I had similar issues. I am running a new AE router (tower model). I have 2 WiFi networks in my house. One runs off the AE and the other off a Netgear running DD-WRT (sharing the same broadband connection). In recent weeks, my WeMo devices (total of 3) have not been displaying appropriately in the app. Sometimes 1, 2, 3 or none. WeMo and iPhone all on same AE network. If I turn off WiFi on my iPhone and use 3G,all devices appear.

I tried turning off my Netgear network and running everything through the AE and still no sucsess.

So, I have recently turned off my AE and gone back to my Netgear DD-WRT. I have had no issues now with my Wemo devices.

I haven't had enough time to track this down any further but just thought I would share my experience.

D

AE Time Capsule WiFi signal issues now??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.