Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much iphone 4s wifi chip cost?Still my 4s wifi is not working even though I already updated it to ios7. Thank You!!!..

How much iphone 4s wifi chip cost?Still my 4s wifi is not working even though I already updated it to ios7. Thank You!!!..

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 7:01 AM

7 replies

Sep 24, 2013 7:11 AM in response to ritchel16

You cannot replace just the chip. If all of the various solutions suggested in Apple's support documents and here in these forums do not help, you will need to 1) take or send your iPhone to Apple for replacement, 2) pay to have an unauthorized third-party shop attempt repairs, or 3) attempt repairs yourself. The latter two options will void any further support from Apple.

Regards.

Apr 12, 2014 1:01 PM in response to stvhemi

You may not need a chip. Reflowing the solder may do the trick. My iphone has developed this problem. I'm trying the freezing and heating, reset, and unplug the battery trick right now to see if it will get it back up and running. If not I will try to reflow the solder on the chip. Then I will consider buying a replacement chip.

Apr 13, 2014 7:45 AM in response to stvhemi

This problem started a couple of months ago for me. I tried the heating as suggested and that didnt work. Then I tried the cold. It would work while it was cold but would fail as soon as it warmed up. Then I did a reset, cooled it then disconnected the battery and plugged it back in while it was cool and it started working. That lasted for a month or two then failed. Now none of the tricks work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.