Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i add multiple email accounts to icloud mail, just like i can on my devices?

I am wondering, iCloud now has the iOS7 update and all the apps sync exactly the same way they do with my devices, even the app icons are identical. Then there is the Mail app, which doesnt allow me to "Add Accounts" from a third party like i can on my devices; making it useless for people like me with private domains. Even the Mail app icon is the same indicating that its the same as on devices, except it only allows you to use your @me and @icloud adress. Whats the deal?

iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 7:21 AM

15 replies

Sep 24, 2013 7:40 AM in response to adamhassig

This is not a full featured Mail app and was never meant to be. It simply allows access to your iCloud Mail only.

As a work around, you can always forward all your other accounts to your iCloud accont if you need to be able to access them from iCloud.com.

I can not speak for Apple but I am fairly sure this is nothing they are working on but feel free to leave your feeback here.

Sep 24, 2013 7:47 AM in response to Axeman1020

Thanks Axeman, i already did leave feedback. Forwarding my email to my iCloud account isnt practical when managing mail accounts for multiple businesses with private domains.

It should function just like the full featured Mail app; don't you think (which also supports your iCloud account)? If the Mail app can do it, so can iCloud Mail. I don't think I would be alone on this one.

Sep 24, 2013 8:16 AM in response to adamhassig

adamhassig wrote:

I am wondering, iCloud now has the iOS7 update and all the apps sync exactly the same way they do with my devices, even the app icons are identical. Then there is the Mail app, which doesnt allow me to "Add Accounts" from a third party like i can on my devices; making it useless for people like me with private domains. Even the Mail app icon is the same indicating that its the same as on devices, except it only allows you to use your @me and @icloud adress. Whats the deal?

I'd just add that iCloud has nothing at all to do with iOS 7. iOS 7 is an operating system for Apple's mobile devices. iCloud is a distributed computing email and storage service running on Apple's server farms scattered around the globe. iCloud does not "run on iOS" and in fact has nothing at all to do with iOS or OS X.

Apple makes clients and applications to access iCloud services from iOS, OS X and windows, but iCloud itself has nothing to do with any of these.

why can't i add multiple email accounts to icloud mail, just like i can on my devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.