Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Outlook Add-in crashes Outlook 2010

When I ENABLE the iCloud Outlook Add-in Outlook 2010 (on a 64-bit machine) it crashes the pprogram and will not restart until I DISABLE the add-in. Without this add-in syncing with iCloud is not possible and my iPhone becomes an expensive paperweight. Any soultions out there...?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 7:27 AM

3 replies

Sep 28, 2013 5:22 PM in response to JLHupy

Guys, I fixed it.

Click here (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455)to download a clean / separate install of iCloud Control Panel 3.0 for Windows.

Go to Windows program manager or what ever its called & completely uninstall your current iCloud Control Panel 3.0 for Windows. This is most likely the one you got bundled with iTunes 11.1 (was in my case).

Restart PC as per the removal process. Upon restarting install the downloaded iCloud Control Panel 3.0 for Windows. Go through the setup & your off & running.

In my scenario I just ticked everything to ensure I didn't accidentally delete any contacts / tasks / calendar items etc that may have been in one place but not another. I ended up having to delete 300+ double / triple / quadruples of contacts in the iCloud contacts within Outlook but now I'm totally sweet.

Good luck all 🙂

Nov 21, 2013 6:33 AM in response to aeblong

After downloading and installing the iCloud Control Panel 3.0 using the link http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455 contained in aeblong's post, in Outlook 2013 I still experience significant slowness (but not crashes) when switching to Outlook Calendar from the Outlook Mail and People modules. When I inactivate the iCloud Outlook Add-in in Outlook, the slowness immediately disappears. When I then re-activate the iCloud Outlook Add-in, the changes made to my Outlook Contacts data (while the iCloud Outlook Add-in was inactivated) immediately sync up with iCloud and thus the changes immediately appear on other client devices (such as iPhone) that sync with iCloud. The workaround method I use is to leave the add-in inactivated in Outlook until I want to sync, then only turn it on when I want to sync. Hopefully Apple can update things so that my workaround becomes no longer necessary.

iCloud Outlook Add-in crashes Outlook 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.