Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to know if your mac is using the latest Haswell architecture processor or not? and how to know the difference between the new imac and the 2012/13 imac?

How to know if your mac is using the latest Haswell architecture processor or not? and how to know the difference between the new imac and the 2012/13 imac?

iMac

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 7:53 AM

If you have an iMac already and didn't pick it up this morning, then it's almost certainly not running the latest processor, since Apple just announced the new models today. There won't be any obvious external differences between the Late 2012 iMacs and the new models; you'll have to look at the CPU and graphics processor. See:

http://www.apple.com/imac/specs/

Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2013 7:53 AM in response to flycreep01

If you have an iMac already and didn't pick it up this morning, then it's almost certainly not running the latest processor, since Apple just announced the new models today. There won't be any obvious external differences between the Late 2012 iMacs and the new models; you'll have to look at the CPU and graphics processor. See:

http://www.apple.com/imac/specs/

Regards.

Oct 16, 2014 3:40 PM in response to varjak paw

Sorry to reopen an old post, but I've just purchased a 2nd hand late-2013 iMac (or so thats what the seller said).

I'm always sceptical though, and just wanted to know if there is a way to check if my iMac is indeed the late-2013 model that included Haswell?

I've attached screenshots of the About This Mac section hoping it may help shed some light.

User uploaded file

Thank you in advance for your help!

PS - I can't compare to the iMac specs link you posted above because its now showing the late-2014 models.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Serial Number>

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.