Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto software for 10.6.8

I have an iMac running 10.6.8 / 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo - iPhoto disappeared and i need to reinstall it. i tried with my ilife 09 and it says i was using a more updated version. which updated version will work with this OS? and then...where do i find it? help!

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 7:37 AM

6 replies

Sep 24, 2013 2:03 PM in response to studiojewel

Did you try install int the iLife 09 iPhoto and then update it to its maximum version, 8.1.2 before trying to open your library?

Or, did you upgrade to iPhoto 9 at sometime?

If you didn't upgrade to iPhoto 9 at any time, have updated the new iPhoto to 8.1.2 and still get that message do the following: Apply the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

iPhoto 8 (09) and earlier- run the options indicated

User uploaded file

iPhoto 9 (11) and later- run Option #4 to rebuild the database

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

1 - download iPhoto Library Manager (iPhoto 8 or earlier or IPhoto 11 and later) and launch.

2 - click on the Add Library button and select the library you want to add in the selection window..

3 - Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the

File ➙ Rebuild Library (iPhoto 8 or earlier)

or

Library ➙ Rebuild Library (iPhoto 9 or later)

menu option to rebuild the library.

4 - In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.

5 - Click on the Create button.

Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

OT

Aug 22, 2015 8:12 AM in response to Delons11

Is there a way to only re-install iPhoto? On the Apps Install CD I got to the relevant stage and it showed the apps, but they were all greyed out, meaning I had to install all the apps again. If I do so, will it affect my iTunes library for example? Plus I'm on iTune 11.4, a much more recent version, whereas my iPhoto is this one:

User uploaded file

...which is older. If I re-install all the apps will the "software update" facility return the apps to the most recent compatible versions?

iphoto software for 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.