Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I burn an iPhoto Slideshow?

Mac OS 10.8.4

iDVD 7.1.2

iPhoto 11 (9.4.3)

How do I burn an iPhoto Slideshow? I have tried using iDVD, Disk Utility and Toast and I get errors at the end of the burn everytime. After 5 days it is getting pretty frustrating. The main reason for using iPhoto for the slideshow is becuase of the Ken burns effect. IT looks so much better than the iDVD Dissolve option since it takes up the whole screen.

I have successfully converted the slideshow to a quicktime movie which plays fine on the computer but refuses to burn to disk.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 750GB HD, 2.2 GHz, 6 GB RAM

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 8:52 AM

Given

I have successfully converted the slideshow to a quicktime movie which plays fine on the computer

then this isn't an iPhoto Question, as the burning is done by iDVD. I'd post on that forum - and it's useful if you include whatever error messages you're getting when you do.

3 replies

Sep 24, 2013 8:55 AM in response to Edward House

Export the slideshow out of iPhoto as a QT movie file via the Export button in the lower toolbar. Select Size = Medium or Large.

Open iDVD, select a theme and drag the exported QT movie file into the open iDVD window being careful to avoid any drop zones.

Follow this workflow to help assure the best quality video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

If you get an error message while creating the disk image check out Bengt Wärleby's post in this topic: Multiplexing Error: Apple Support Communities

OT

How do I burn an iPhoto Slideshow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.