Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod skips through tracks and freezes on certain albums

i have a 120 gb ipod classic that won't play a couple of albums i recently put on it using itunes. these albums play fine through itunes but when trying to play them on the ipod the ipod very quickly skips through all the songs on the record without playing a sound until i pause it. after it's been paused it completely locks up a few minutes later. i've tried deleting these albums from the ipod and putting them on again but the problem persists. other albums synced at the same time as these ones work fine

i'd like to avoid a restore if possible because i think i may have more music on the ipod than hard drive space on my computer at this point

forgot to mention these records are mp3 CBR and i've forgotten the bitrate

iPod classic

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 10:10 AM

1 reply

ipod skips through tracks and freezes on certain albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.