Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists on iTunes are not syncing correctly with iPhone on iOS 7-only 48 of 134 songs on one playlist are appearing (all songs are checked and I've tried this both hardwire and wireless)...help!

So, I could use help from people who know mre about this than I do. I did a sync last night between iTunes on my Mac (latest version of iTunes) and my iPhone 5 running iOS 7. For some reason, about 90 songs in one of my playlists have disappeared.

• The songs are all checked in the playlist in iTunes
  • The songs were all on the iPhone playlist prior to the sync
  • I've tried a sync again both by hardwire and wifi
  • I added a song to the playlist on iTunes and the song appeared in the iPhone playlist, but none of the other 90+ songs came back
  • I haven't checked my other playlists to see what is there and what isn't (I have lots of music, so this would take days to verify).

I've thought about managing my music manually, but I would have to rebuild everything from scratch on the phone which would take days and I'd never get everything back to the right place.

In as much as I'm otherwise liking iOS 7, the new iTunes app for iOS 7 has been a real pain. This is what's really put me over the edge on it!

If you all have any suggestions that could help, I'd really appreciate it! The playlist I'm referencing most specifically is my most-used playlist and I'd love to have it right.

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 10:08 AM

19 replies

Sep 26, 2013 3:09 PM in response to oxman78

Hi oxman78,

That definitely sounds frustrating! Let's give this a go to see if we can isolate the issue futher:

First, connect your device and choose the "Music" tab. Next, uncheck the "Sync Music" checkbox, and apply the changes (so there is ultimately no music syncing to your iPhone).

User uploaded file

Once you have done that, recheck the "Sync Music" checkbox, and apply the changes once more. This will instruct iTunes to completely remove all music from your iPhone, and then copy the files once more. If you have a large amount of music, this initial sync may take a while.

iOS: Syncing your data with iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

iTunes 11 for Mac: Set up syncing for iPod, iPhone, or iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12113

Cheers!,

Matt M.

Feb 27, 2014 10:07 PM in response to oxman78

I finally got a hold of tech support and they actually gave me a solution that appears to have worked. A bit of a pain if you have a lot of devices and a lot of songs, but I think it worked.

1. Connect your device to iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest software by checking for Update.

2. Do a backup to the Computer, not the iCloud. When complete, make sure that it indicates the last backup to your computer under the backup now button. Will show date and time.

3. When the backup is complete, select restore (iPad, iPhone or iTouch) (NOT Restore Backup) and allow it to erase your device and install to new factory settings. This will erase all of your info and data. If you have done the backup, no worries as you will be able to restore the data.

4. Allow iTunes to start the device and select SET UP AS NEW Device. Do not select restore from back up.

5. When done, it will restart. Test if it is syncing by dragging one playlist to the device playlist in the left column browser. It should sync, if it is working properly. Mine did.

6. When it is done and you can see the playlist on your device. Now select Restore Backup and select the particular backup that you just made. It will resinstall all of your apps, music and playlists. Make sure that you input your Apple ID when it asks or it won't sync your purchases or your keyboard shortcuts.

When done syncing, try to sync again. It took a bit of time to start and complete for me as I have selected about 85 gbs to sync, but it appears to be working again, as it used to.

You will have to do this for each device that you are having trouble with.

I hope this helps you. But please make sure that you have done a complete backup of your device before you click restore device otherwise you may lose your data and will have to rebuild your device from scratch.

Good luck

RL

Mar 7, 2014 7:06 AM in response to matt00

I am having major issues trying to get my playlists to update and sync. I never had a problem before and now nothing is working. I update a playlist on my pc in itunes, connect my phone and sync. The playlists are not transferring and the existing lists wont update. When I I go back to my updated playlist in itunes on my pc the new music I added is no longer there. I've trying un-syncing all music from my itunes and applying but it automatically ticks and syncs anyway. I am also getting duplicates of all my playlists. I've deleted them over and over and they just keep re-appearing. I read that someone restored their phone to factory settings and started over that way but there were no other comments of anyone else who tried that with success. I didnt want to do that unless absolutely necessary. Can anyone give me any suggestions, Im very frustrated.

Playlists on iTunes are not syncing correctly with iPhone on iOS 7-only 48 of 134 songs on one playlist are appearing (all songs are checked and I've tried this both hardwire and wireless)...help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.