Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 Music app questions

Obviously with a new firmware/UI upgrade there are missing and additional features not explained. During the last couple of conferences Apple has claimied this to be the best Music app they have ever created, so I'm asking for some help finding features I just can't seem to anymore.

1) I can't seem to figure out how to play an entire genre of music. I know how to find the genre itself, but there is no "play all" or "shuffle all" button like there was in iOS 6. So, if I feel like listening to nothing but my Dance genre, I can't. Am I missing something here?

2) When I tap on an artist to see their albums I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get to the album at the bottom of the list. Is there some way to change the view to show them in a list as opposed to 100 different songs? I assumed if I tapped on an artist and turned the iPhone sideways I would see pictures of the artist's albums...but it's not, it's EVERY album I have on my phone. Before, when I selected an artist It was an album title list for the artist in iOS 6. Now, it's just albums with expanded song views, so for an artist that has 15 albums you have to scroll through every song of 14 other albums to get to the last one.

3) I see that there are shuffle buttons next to albums, but when I tap them it will not shuffle the album...it shuffles the entire artist instead. The only way I can get an album to shuffle is by finding it in Album view. Is there seriously no way to shuffle one album only by going through the Artist view? This was doable in iOS 6

4) Apple talked about including the Up Next feature from the latest iTunes. Where do I find that in iOS 7?

5) Is there a way to add a currently playing song to a created playlist? I'm terrible with song names and album names. I can't stand that I can't preview a song when creating a playlist.

Thanks for the help!

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 10:28 AM

3 replies

Sep 27, 2013 1:45 AM in response to gldoorii

IOS 7 Music palyer is awful. I too have found no way of shuffling genre or compilation, unlik IOS 6.

This begs the question, why have these features. In my view they are useless without shuffle capability.

Also from an appearance point of view, in iTouch, the screen when play back, large areas top and bottom are a white desert with the album art minimsed. At least in IOS6 the art was full screen.

Hope there is a fix soon.....................................

Oct 13, 2013 7:03 PM in response to gldoorii

I have a variety of gripes about the Music app.

The two most pressing ones to me are:

1. I like listening to my music in shuffle mode. However, the shuffle feature doesn't remember what song I was listening to last when I stop it and then go to listen to it later so it begins with whatever song it began with last time.

2. I can't delete entire albums at once. This wasn't an issue at all in the past. Now, in order to delete an album I have to do so one song at a time - a painstaking process that doesn't even work out well as it takes quite a few seconds to delete some tracks while the app appears frozen when I try to do so. Additionally, the app HAS crashed to the home screen a number of times when I've been deleting tracks.

iOS 7 Music app questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.