Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 iOS7 Installation Problem -- Can't Progress Beyond Terms "Agree"

My Mother is attempting to upgrade her iPad 2 with iOS 7.

She clicked install, and a prompt came up to enter her e-mail address, and password. After that the Terms and Conditions came up, she clicked "Agree" and nothing happened. The screen is frozen on the Terms and Conditions.

She has since tried to on several ocassions over the last two days to press both Agree and alternately Disagree, and in both instances, nothing happens. When she hits the Home button, a message comes up saying the iPad is not setup and when she proceeds, she finds herself at the Terms and Conditions.

This is a mess. I am not able to physically access the device, and these upgrades are supposed to be foolproof. So I don't want to create a bigger problem, until I understand what is happening.

Why is her iPad frozen at the Terms & Conditions screen? Is this a known bug? If so, I'm not seeing it online anywhere. Is the iPad taking a long time to dowload and install? What's happening.

In the background she can see a message regarding improvements to Find My iPad under iOS7, so that suggests the software installed, but for some reason is frozen at this point.

Should I do a hard reset (Power + Home until it restarts?) Or is there asomething else I can try?

Anybody know what's going on here?

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 6:38 PM

Solved. We were able to power off the iPad normally, and when it powered back up, it went through the setup normally.

1 reply

iPad 2 iOS7 Installation Problem -- Can't Progress Beyond Terms "Agree"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.