Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie DOES NOT AUTOSAVE!!! Why the **** did Apple remove "Save" in the first place and how to fix this problem?!?!

There's no good reason Apple removed the ability to manually save. I work in a project, I save it at a point and then make edits that I may or may not want. It could be 1000 changes I make before I see that I'm not satisfied with them and want to revert back to my last saved session. In iMovie not only can I not do that but the autosave doesn't work and has cost me tens of hours!

iMovie just hit me with a bug saying I couldn't share becuase there wasn't enough memory so I have to quit iMovie, open it up again then try to share it. Well, there IS enough memory so I don't know why it was saying that anyway. But besides that, I was afraid to quit iMovie because the **** thing never saves.

I google and find out I can duplicate a project and that should save it. I do that. Restart it. Bam. None of the changes I've spent the past 2 days on saved....

Why has Apple broken their iMovie like this and is there ANYONE that has figured out a way to make projects save?

This is absolutely the last time I'm using iMovie (or any Apple app that removed manual save) but I've done too much editing to start all over again in another video editor. I need to make these changes AGAIN then save them.

How?!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 12:17 PM

There are no replies.

iMovie DOES NOT AUTOSAVE!!! Why the **** did Apple remove "Save" in the first place and how to fix this problem?!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.