Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use iTunes account balance for iCloud storage

My daughter has a balance in her iTunes account and would like to use it for additional iCloud storage. Can you do this?

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 12:28 PM

You can't buy iCloud storage with the iTunes balance because it's renewed every year, so a credit card is required

3 replies

Oct 16, 2014 12:21 PM in response to mende1

I'm not sure this is actually correct. I pay for iTunes match annually via my iTunes Account balance... Why wouldn't I be able to upgrade my iCloud storage using the same account balance?

EDIT: As a point of fact. I just tried it. My iTunes account balance was 50.01, On my iPhone, went to Settings > iCloud > Storage. Add More Storage… and selected the .99$ 20GB a month plan. Tapped Buy in the top Right corner and entered my AppleID and TouchID credentials and it charged my balance the .99$. As long as i have ≥1.00$ in my iTunes account every month my storage will continue to live at 20GB, Otherwise it will simply charge my CC on file.

Nifty!

Can you use iTunes account balance for iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.