Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud add in crashes outlook 2010

When enabled... the iCloud Add-in crashes Outlook 2010. Without it syncing to iCloud is impossible.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:31 PM

no ones replied to you in 4+ days.. i have the same issue. i just put up a more details post. follow mine incase someone replies to me

18 replies

Sep 28, 2013 5:23 PM in response to JLHupy

Guys, I fixed it.

Click here (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455)to download a clean / separate install of iCloud Control Panel 3.0 for Windows.

Go to Windows program manager or what ever its called & completely uninstall your current iCloud Control Panel 3.0 for Windows. This is most likely the one you got bundled with iTunes 11.1 (was in my case).

Restart PC as per the removal process. Upon restarting install the downloaded iCloud Control Panel 3.0 for Windows. Go through the setup & your off & running.

In my scenario I just ticked everything to ensure I didn't accidentally delete any contacts / tasks / calendar items etc that may have been in one place but not another. I ended up having to delete 300+ double / triple / quadruples of contacts in the iCloud contacts within Outlook but now I'm totally sweet.

Good luck all 🙂

Sep 30, 2013 1:53 PM in response to aeblong

Didn't work... did an uninstall, restart, downloaded and did a clean install and restart of the icloud app. The icloud add-in was in the Disabled Application Add-In location. I enabled it, which moved it to the Inactive Application Add-Ins location. Then, activated it... once you check the icloud add-in to make it active Outlook crashes.

Nov 26, 2013 8:47 AM in response to JLHupy

I had some issue. It is an incompatibility between iCloud Outlook addin and the Outlook feature "DEP - Data Execution Prevention". Knowing that the feature exist in Office since 2009, it is disappointing that Apple has not been able to provide a solution.

At the moment, the only workaround is to disable DEP: File - OPtions - Trust Center - Trust Center Settings - DEP Settings.

Hope it solve also the issue for you.

Jan 18, 2014 6:29 AM in response to JLHupy

guys I solved the issue.

- you need to open Outlook as an Administrator

- go to "File" then "Options"

- "Add-ins" and "Com Add-ins"

- Locate "iCloud Outlook Add-in"

- Highlight it and note the exact location of the .dll file which is shown in the bar below

- whilst the Add-in is still highlighted select "Remove".

- select "Add" and go the location of the .dll file, the location of which you have noted, left click the file and select "OK"

- then re-tick the "iCloud Outlook Add-in" and "OK"

- re-start Outlook and the Refresh button should reappear

enjoy it. :-)

Feb 17, 2014 9:19 AM in response to Hispianogirl

To open Outlook as an Administrator go to: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office12, scroll down until you see Outlook (just Outlook, or Outlook.exe), right click it, and select Run as Administrator.

The location of the Outlook depends on the version of Office. Office12 is Office 2007, Office10 is Office 2003, and so on... Hope this information helps.

Jun 30, 2014 8:06 AM in response to AlexDG83

The steps provided by AlexDG83 worked for me in Outlook 2013 on Windows 8.1. I had also re-installed the iCloud plug in (as suggested by aeblong:download fresh, uninstall via programs and features, reboot, install downloaded version, sign in, set up). That alone didn't solve the problem, but I mention it here in case it was part of the solution.

In Windows 8.1, if you have outlook on your taskbar, you can run as administrator by:

• right click the outlook button on your task bar to display the tasks menu for outlook 2013
  • press and hold the shift key and right click "Outlook 2013" on the menu.
  • select "Run as administrator"

If it's not on your task bar, simply right click the tile in your start menu or search for "outlook" and right click on the result. Both will bring up a menu with a "run as administrator" option.

It appears this issue has been around for quite a while. Really sad that Apple and Microsoft can't come up with a solution that doesn't involve extraordinary workaround steps to make this work.

iCloud add in crashes outlook 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.