Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi Could someone help me.. I am getting error 3194 on my Iphone when trying to update software

I have plugged my Iphone into my itunes account after trying to update to IOS 7. Its an Iphone4s.. I have pressed home and sleep button but the error still comes up.

Kat

PC, Windows XP

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 12:25 PM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2013 11:44 PM in response to Kat78

Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com

Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Check security software and ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed. Follow these stepsfor assistance with security software.
  3. Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. Follow theadvanced iTunes Store troubleshooting steps to edit the hosts file or revert to a default hosts file. See "Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information."
  4. Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
  5. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.

Hi Could someone help me.. I am getting error 3194 on my Iphone when trying to update software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.