Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unread mail count is wrong in iOS7 for Yahoo.

My iOS7 Mail app reports unread messages from my Yahoo account when there are none. The numbers vary from zero to 8, but with the exception of zero, always appear to be more than the actual number. I have tried...

• Checking the configuration of server and client.
  • Killing the Mail app.
  • Reboot my iPhone.
  • Opening every message, read or otherwise.
  • Using Edit>Mark All as unread, then Edit>Mark All as read.
  • Delete and re-add account.

Occasionally it will report zero as it should, but I've never seen a correct count above zero since I upgraded to iOS7.

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 12:54 PM

26 replies

Sep 28, 2013 7:18 AM in response to dacracot

I have the same issue to with Hotmail. It has something to do with an iCloud account in addition to my hotmail account. When I look under Mailboxes > Accounts, I see 2 accounts: Hotmail (with an Outlook icon) and Hotmail (with an @ sign icon) (New Iphone mail application?) All my mail is going to both accounts. And it is adding the emails up for both accounts. How can I remove the Hotmail with the @ sign icon?

Nov 13, 2013 7:40 AM in response to dacracot

Same problem here with Yahoo mail. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have looked at Yahoo mail from all folders in my phone (running 7.0.3 now), as well as in a browser, looked at Inbox (empty), all Trash, Sent, etc. folders and they're completely empty on Yahoo servers.

I thought that 7.0.3 had initially cleared up this issue but it has reappeared, and I don't know how to fix it.

Unread mail count is wrong in iOS7 for Yahoo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.