Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save video from shared photo stream

I am unable to save video that is in my shared photo stream, despite http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5902 saying that I can. Does anyone have any suggestions on preforming this task?

iPhone 5s, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 1:41 PM

17 replies

Dec 1, 2017 5:36 PM in response to cglenn13

Hello, Apple are you listening?

No. You are not addressing Apple here.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

you won't be able to download it to your computer even with an iphoto share acct.

Actually, there are multiple options available to you...some have been highlighted here already. Twice.

* Use the iCloud Photo Library and your videos will be synced to your PC/Mac.

* Download them from iCloud.com to your PC/Mac as well.

* See << iCloud Photo Sharing - Apple Support

User uploaded file

Dec 1, 2017 4:47 PM in response to q-pon

Can I express my frustration here? Hello, Apple are you listening? May I say how ridiculous it is that no one tells you that, "hey, you can video your daughter's birthday but you won't be able to download it to your computer even with an iphoto share acct. What's the point then? Good gosh.Why is it that when you connect your phone to your pc, your videos don't automatically transfer. I've tried everything to get my videos off my phone! I wouldn't spend 1k dollars on a phone to capture video that's not capable of actually sending the video to my home pc. Isn't this the reason we spend the $$$ we do? Wish they'd have let me know what the maximum minutes we can videotape. I don't want to make our home movie public, of course not. Not secure. In this day and age, who'd do that with their child's bday footage.

Sep 24, 2013 6:46 PM in response to q-pon

Just to list somethings I have already tried:I've restarted my phone, turned photo stream off then back on, I've tried to import it using Image Capture (you can only view your camera roll), and I tried looking in my iPhoto shared photo stream (doesn't look like you can view video until Maveric is relased). I was having the same problem on an iphone 5s I bought on launch day. I replaced my phone yesterday because I wanted a different color, and the problem is still there. Both times I set the device up as new, so I don't think a DFU restore will solve the issue

Dec 5, 2013 10:18 PM in response to Rahim2x

I do appreciate the suggestion. However, I don't want the video on my computer. I am wanting to save the video out of a shared Photo Stream on my iPhone to the camera roll on my iPhone. Despite apple clearly listing the feature on the support topic listed above, I do not think it is possible to use this feature yet on any public released versions of iOS 7

Jul 10, 2014 12:54 PM in response to q-pon

I am struggling with this issue too.

From Apple support:

"Can photos and videos be saved or downloaded from a shared photo stream?

Yes. After photos are shared, anyone who can view the shared stream can download and keep them permanently. Videos can only be downloaded to a Mac or PC. On an iOS device, videos are streamed from iCloud and can't be downloaded."

WHY would this be the case. It's MY content...MY video that I shot with my iPhone. I saved it to the cloud so I could get it on my iPad. It is there via the cloud. But what if I want to show it to someone when I don't have WiFi? Why can't I download it to "My Videos"?

Save video from shared photo stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.