Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete cplogd?

Hi

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS7. One of the apps I use is Carat, which monitors battery usage.

In its bug report has appeared something called cplogd, but it gives no information on what it is or how to remove it. I'm assuming this is the reason why my battery life is now rated at 87 rather than 90... This is also the first thing that's appeared in any of the reports.

Anyway, can anyone help? I'm not particularly tech savvy, so words of one syllable, please!!

Many thanks for any responses.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 2:47 PM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2013 3:13 PM in response to KiltedTim

I googled it though, and it's listed as a 'daemon'. The instructions to remove it were double Dutch to me though, so I was hoping for a version for dummies.

Quote:

com.apple.appsupport.cplogd.plist - Logs crashes of applications and

3rd party apple to /var/mobile/Library/Logs, and also tells the system if a

symlink cannot be created.

Sep 25, 2013 6:42 AM in response to morpheme

In case anyone else is having the same problem, I emailed Carat and - somewhat to my surprise - they responded. They said as follows:

Sometimes, the process name (which Carat sees) doesn't match the user-visible name, and we've seen instances of apps where they are hardly similar. If it doesn't show up on the Action list and you can't figure out what app it is, then it's not currently running and your best bet is probably to hide it manually in the Hogs tab.

Usually things ending in "d" are Apple's system processes. We will make Carat hide those as we discover them.

How do I delete cplogd?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.