Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hong Kong or China iPhone 5?

Question: I want to buy an iPhone 5 and currently live in China. My home is in the US and I may return there in 1-2 years. Which iPhone works in the US better, one sold in the Chinese market or Hong Kong? I know nothing about the different network technologies between Hong Kong, China, and the US and assume that there are differences.

Thank you very much.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8 gigs of RAM, 15: Matte screen

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 3:27 PM

6 replies

Sep 25, 2013 3:48 AM in response to carl wolf

carl wolf wrote:

Check the country online store for the available iPhone models. Then, you can compare the various iPhone models for the various communications protocols. You can do that as easily as we can.

If I knew how to do this I would not have asked here. I know nothing about mobile phones. Nothing. It is an entirely bewildering concept to me and I wanted help here. Clearly the wrong place to go.

Sep 25, 2013 2:23 PM in response to diesel vdub

diesel vdub wrote:

A US iPhone is unlikely to work on LTE outside of North America due to differences in LTE bands used.

Warranty and support are only valid in the country of origin.

Purchase the device in the country it is intended to be used in.

Hello, I am able to buy either a Hong Kong or Chinese iPhone to be used in the US. Would that be possible?

Hong Kong or China iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.