Hello there, JShaw22.
The following Knowledge Base article provides some good insight on troubleshooting Find My iPhone on your iOS Device:
"No location available," "Offline," or "Location Services Off" alerts
This can occur if:
- The date on your device is incorrect. This can be set in Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Your iOS device is currently off or not connected to a data network (Edge, 3 or 4G, or Wi-Fi). Wait a few minutes and try again.
- Your iPad (Wi-Fi only), iPod Touch, or Mac is currently off or not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch in Settings or on your Mac in Date & Time preferences. Learn more about Location Services on your Mac with OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion.
- You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.
Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.
If you followed the steps Pedro provided and your device is still showing as "online, no location available" try this out.
During the Location Services step:
Settings > Privacy > open Location Services (even if it says "On") > turn Find My iPhone "On."
For whatever reason, every time I checked Location Services and saw that is was "On," I would just move on to the next step without clicking on it. It turns out that Location Services were enabled for all of my Apps except Find My iPhone. All I had to do was swipe it on and enter my Apple ID & Password. Once complete the Find My iPhone App was able to locate my iPad 2nd Gen.
I hope this helps!
I had the same problem. "Online. No Location Available" message, but the "Play Sound" feature worked promptly. Make sure the Date & Time settings on BOTH your iPhone and iCloud are set correctly. My iPhone settings were correct, but my iCloud Settings were set to the wrong time zone. Once I fixed the iCloud Settings to the correct timezone, the Find My Phone service synced immediately and started working correctly.
iPad 3, 7.1.2
I had everything turned on correctly but device wouldn't show up in FMIP. Tried loads of stuff, eventually tried restarting iPad. Then it showed up but location not available in FMIP (even in the app running on itself!?). Could use play sound from my iPhone to it. Messed around turning stuff on and off, eventually tried putting into airplane mode then out , then it worked. Cheers Apple for over an hours wasted time and a random solution.