Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharp edge hurts hand

The edge of my Macbook Pro Retina is so sharp that my palm hurts. Any solutions? Apple says not to apply a pad.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 4:30 PM

9 replies

Sep 24, 2013 4:46 PM in response to csanich

Yoou could try placing the computer on a stand so it sits at an angle.

But before paying for a stand you can try an experiment.

Place the back edge of the computer on a book laid flat on your desk, so the computer itself is at an angle sloping down towards you. Next try two books, for a steeper angle. If you can find a comfortable arrangement by tilting the computer, a stand might be the best solution.

User uploaded file

Sep 24, 2013 4:57 PM in response to csanich

I use it on my lap 95% of the time, so I don't think either of these solutions is practical. I have a big bulky lap pad, but I don't want to carry that around. I bought this super thin computer, in part, to have it be easy to transport.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of molded gel or skin that I could put around the edge while I'm using it, and take off to close it?

Oct 4, 2013 2:05 PM in response to csanich

If anybody else has this issue, I started using a mouse pad. It is thin and lights, so it's portable. The bottom is grippy, so it stays in place pretty well on the corner of my Macbook. It's anoying that I have to use anything at all. I hope Mace rounds out that edge in future models. But for now, this is working.

Sharp edge hurts hand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.