Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5|iOS7: Main Camera, LED flash not working. Facetime front camera view is super blurred!

Few days after I updgrade to iOS7 my main camera won't work and I noticed that the assistive touch is blurry, when using facetime the front camera became super blurred that i can just recognized the shape or figure its viewing. the flashlight in control panel is also greyed out which wont make it to be useable, i tried installing a flashlight app like what im doing before to use the LED flash for flashlight used but not it says after opening the app that "Unsupported Device: Device is not supported because it does not have an LED light."

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 5:37 PM

8 replies

Oct 11, 2013 10:21 AM in response to mukurorokudo

I had the same problem it's definitely a software issue because the camera would sometimes work in camera apps but now I could not switch cameras at all.

I may have found a solution of course I probably won't get credit for thanks to Apple.

I believe the problem arises from a bug when the camera is used in lock mode, try restarting your phone with the home and power button. Then open your camera in locked mode and set the flash to auto. Maybe take a few pictures, switch the camera back and fourth, turn HDR on and off, but make sure the flash is set to auto before you unlock the phone. Heck even try playing with the flashlight.

After I did this in locked mode to my surprise my camera and flashlight are now fully functional after I have unlocked it with the password. I'm not to sure what triggered this bug but when I first got iOS 7 and played with my phone some how I unlocked the lock screen without putting in a password. Just by using the camera and the notification and control Center, I unlocked the phone which might of triggered the bug.

Oct 13, 2013 11:13 PM in response to Kasey83

yesterday i was in a low lit room and i tried to take a few pictures with the camera flash set to ON. i notieced that while pointing towards the source of light the flash wont fire. when turning it away it would. it was working like it would on auto mode except that the light was low enought for it to be fired even when pointed towards the source.

i also noticed that the torch light accessible from the control center had intermittently stopped working.

i am on iphone 5 with ios 7.0.2.

iPhone 5|iOS7: Main Camera, LED flash not working. Facetime front camera view is super blurred!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.