Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

extract contacts iPhone backup

Hi,

I lost my iPhone and not sure if I will replace it with another iPhone or not. If I choose not to is there a way to extract my contacts (and possibly other data) out of the backup so that I could load them somehow (even if only manually) onto my new phone?

Thanks,

rc

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 5:55 PM

There are a number of paid and free iPhone backup extractor programs. I use iScavenge for Mac, but there are many more. A web search will be rewarding. Most of them can produce a CSV file of contacts, some can do an LDIF, both of which can be imported into most address book apps.

4 replies

Feb 22, 2014 12:43 AM in response to rick722

I think restoring is not a way to get back your contact in iCloud * i think its not possible physically .
There are some other possible ways to do this ...
You may restore bit ago and did this in hurry and yet your contacts was not loaded * it will be better to be connected with Wifi even after restoring process * this will make sure that your all iCloude data loads up properly .

Other possible reason that you had more than one accounts that had Contacts switched on.you will have to Make sure that no your other account has your Contacts toggled on. its very essential.you will have to Make sure that simply iCloud has Contacts toggle on. Settings> iCloud.this thing happen when user's other account tries to restore the contacts at same time.
If you dont have time constraint * or what else you do..it will not be possible to get back your contacts *simply delete your iCloud account and then add this again. Follow Settings> iCloud> tap the red "Delete Account" button. Restart your device.
Add your iCloud account again.
Make sure contacts is toggled on..
And certainly you make sure there should be no other accounts have Contacts toggled on before deleting and re-adding the iCloud account.
For more info visit: http://bit.do/recover-iphone-contacts

extract contacts iPhone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.