Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost contacts after IOS 7 update

Please help! I lost most contacts after updating phone with ios 7. I tried seeing if my contacts could be found in iCloud. No luck. How do I recover?

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 8:08 PM

24 replies

Sep 24, 2013 8:30 PM in response to KENEKI03

I'm guessing it would have to do with settings, but I don't use iCloud. How often do you check the contents of iCloud? Did you have it set to sync your contacts, and if yes, did you verify that it was. I suggest reading up on iCloud in the User Guide to make sure you have your settings set correctly. The User Guide is a bookmark in Safari, a free book in iBooks, or you can go to www.apple.com/support and click on Manuals.

Sep 25, 2013 9:34 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Update iPhone to iOS 7 losing any photo, apps, SMS or contacts?Many iPhone users lost data after update iPhone to iOS7.However, If you want to recover lost contacts from iPhone iOS7, you need to use a third data recovery.

To recover lost or deleted iPhone contacts in two different ways - "Recover Contacts from iTunes Backup File" and "Recover lost Contacts from iClound".If you have sync iPhone to iCloud,you can get contact backup from iCloud.

About lost photo After iOS7 update: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5323214?answerId=23026492022#23026492022

Nov 4, 2013 12:45 AM in response to KENEKI03

I had the same problem on my iPhone 4s this morning. The only contact I had left was myself! After resisting the urge to smash the phone against the wall I eventually got everything back by importing from the sim card (hadn't backed up to icloud/itunes for a very long time.) Everything is ok now.

Apple should warn that some upgrades are destructive, or is this just another ploy to draw us into using their services??

lost contacts after IOS 7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.