Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help: Error Code burning DVD

Mac OS 10.8.4

iDVD 7.1.2

iPhoto 11 (9.4.3)

I have successfully converted an iPhoto slideshow to a quicktime movie which plays fine on the computer but refuses to burn to disk in iDVD.

I have also tried to burn with Disk Utility and Toast.

The error I get when burning is:

The drive reported an error:

Sense Key=MEDIUM ERROR

SENSE CODE=0X0C

WRITE ERROR

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 750GB HD, 2.2 GHz, 6 GB RAM

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 7:00 AM

Your DVD burner is either not handling the DVD media well or it might be dirty or even failing. Try these:

1. get high quality DVD-R media (Verbatim is recommended). if that doesn't work then

2. get a cleaning disc and clean the drive following the instructions. if that doesn't work then

3. it might be time to get the drive checked .... or maybe even a new drive.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2013 7:00 AM in response to Edward House

Your DVD burner is either not handling the DVD media well or it might be dirty or even failing. Try these:

1. get high quality DVD-R media (Verbatim is recommended). if that doesn't work then

2. get a cleaning disc and clean the drive following the instructions. if that doesn't work then

3. it might be time to get the drive checked .... or maybe even a new drive.

Sep 25, 2013 9:08 AM in response to Edward House

It does sound like a burn issue but follow this workflow in order to isolate the encoding process from the burn process. This way you won't have to go thru the encoding process each time you try to make a successful burn.

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

Sep 25, 2013 9:42 AM in response to Old Toad

Forgive my lack of experience but what program do I use to make a disk image and how do I do it please?

I am also thinking of loading the image onto a thumb drive and trying to burn it on my old PowerPC Mac. Not sure if it will work or not.

I am using Maxell DVD-R

I have had intermentant problems in the past with other burns so the burner having a problem makes sense. I just hope that isn't the real problem.... can't afford to get it fixed right now. :-(

Sep 29, 2013 4:05 PM in response to Edward House

Dear Apple Users

I have a solution when you Burning a Dvd in idvd, it show multiplexing error.

To remove this type of problem, First of all make sure your quick time file is export correctly. Make sure when you export a quick time file from final cut pro, the position of the chapter markers should not be the place where you put dissolve effect. Change the position of all markers, if they placed on the final cut effects.

After that export a new file and then drag into idvd, it Works, There is no problem with discs, no need to clean any cache.

Enjoy

Help: Error Code burning DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.