Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete Genius Playlists on iPhone 5?

After updating to iOS 7, I suddenly have 76 music playlist, 71 of which are Genius Playlists.

To my knowledge, I did not make these on purpose. All of them are empty, as well.

It's a trivial issue, more of a nuisance, but I still do not know how to get rid of them, any solution?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 10:45 PM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2015 6:57 PM in response to mbrfan

I confirm that this is the approach for devices that attach to iTunes, mbrfan.

But, I see that if a device in walk around use is rebooted, or perhaps runs out of battery and has to be recharged and restarted, that Genius Playlist can reappear on the device autonomously. I suppose this must be the default in the iOS on the device. If that happens, just resync to iTunes which has Genius turned off.

I can understand why Apple won't fix this to make it switchable on the device: they'd have to release updates for all old iOSes, because many older devices are hardware limited to older iOSes. Changing this to be a feature in the latest iOS, and not rewriting the older iOSes would make the older devices functionally limited orphans.

Might make sense to remember to re-synch any iOS device as soon as possible after reboot, esp. a forced reboot.

How to delete Genius Playlists on iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.