Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery not charging while connected to PC

Hi my 5S is not charging while connected to PC. In fact I noticed battery draining slowly. What's wrong? There is nothing wrong with the cable as it's working fine with iphone 5. What's wrong? Is it hardware problem? And the phone turns hot while connected. What should I do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:52 AM

Hi,

If you open iTunes in your computer, does the iPhone 5S appear? If so, does it show the bolt or the plug icon meaning it is charging?

Make sure you have your Apple software updated

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2305

6 replies

Sep 25, 2013 1:10 AM in response to mabaeyens

Hi sorry forgotten to mention this PC is my office PC where there is no itunes. When I first sync the phone using my home PC 3 days ago, it worked fine. Today is the first time I need to charge in office. I tried charging my iphone 5 with the same cable and there is no issue. I tried charging it 3 times since and everytime i plugged in, next to the phone battery icon, there is a bolt but the battery percentage is reducing.

Hope it's not hardware issue.... 😢

Sep 25, 2013 1:35 AM in response to Elaang

That's likely because the USB ports in your office computer do not have enough power to supply properly to the iPhone. I haven't tested with the 5S yet, but it happens with the iPad. It charges OK with the Mac, but it does not with a PC, so in the office I need to use the Apple cord if I want to charge it.

Hope that helps.

Battery not charging while connected to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.