13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2014 10:44 AM by Tidehawk
Me109glen Level 1 (0 points)

Listen everyone I am not the Almighty Einstien of the cyberwasteland  so please bare with me.  I downloaded the new Itunes up date 11.0 and to my horror my streaming radio was gone.  In its place was some sort of Pandora type setup.  If you want to do Pandora than fine.  If you want to out do Pandora fine. BUT  Leave the radio alone.   Some of us just like radio stations.   All are different and have a variety that is as old as AM and underground FM radio.  Itunes had the best set up. I want to be able change a station in the genre that i am listening to just like the radio.   When you have a winner nurture it don't discard it.  Right now I don't want to download anything because I am afraid that it will take out my radio on itunes.     It would  have been nice if you would have given folks warning and  at least the ability to go back to streaming radio or 10.7.   I hope you guys can fix this.  Thanks Glen

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • AnthonyNC Level 1 (0 points)

I listen to news stations around the US and world and I cant find those either.  This blows.  I do NOT want to listen to music or create my own music station, I have a library of music from which I do that. 

Is it really gone or just shoved under some menu / option I havent found yet???

• Hardy81 Level 1 (0 points)

I was wondering the same thing! Just updated a few days ago and discovered the major change. I even had to created a new Apple ID just to use the new radio service! Luckliy I actually saved some of my streaming stations before hand in a playlist. I just did it so they'll be easier to find. Had no idea that Apple was going to cut out the entire streaming radio service with this new update...

• Rockies Girl Level 1 (0 points)

Argh. I just had this experience after getting my new iMac and am extremely upset. Anyone know if Apple has said they would address this issue? Or any suggestions about how to get an old version of iTunes so we can get the radio stations back? I'll keep working on it and pass on any info I find, but if anyone has had any success, please let me know.  

And if anyone from Apple is reading this - PLEASE BRING BACK THE ABILITY TO PLAY RADIO!!!!!!!

• etait Level 1 (0 points)

There is an internet tab next to radio and it has all of the old stations on it.

• varjak paw Level 10 (169,827 points)

This is the tab etait is referring to:

Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 10.59.59 AM.png

If you don't see that, go to the General preferences in iTunes and make sure that "Internet Radio" is checkmarked.

Regards.

Only have one option to the right of "radio" and thats "Match".  I am running version 11.1.3.8 on Windows 7

Wish this were true for me.  I am running the latest iTunes as of today 11.1.3.8 on Win 7

nope.PNG

Message was edited by: AnthonyNC  added itunes version

• varjak paw Level 10 (169,827 points)

Did you check the preferences as I suggested?

GOT IT!   Thanks!!!!!!!!    Didnt see that suggestion under your screen shot!

• Me109glen Level 1 (0 points)

Ok....I think they fixed it or I figured it out.  You just go to  Itunes than go where you have songs, albums, artist......internet.  Click on internet and it gives you the old list of all your radio stations.  Why they would call it internet rather than RADIO STATIONS,,,I don't know..... Found it by accident a few weeks back and my fault for not sharing.  If you did not know any better you would think I worked for Apple.....just a joke.  I think Apple wanted folks to start using their stations and move a way from the orginal format of radio stations.  Just a guess but who knows.....thanks for all the great suggestions.

• Monmart Level 1 (0 points)

The question is, why did Apple remove the internet stations unchecked? I really don't know anyone that uses it.

<Edited By Host>

• edfitz8250 Level 1 (0 points)

TO varjak paw:  THANK YOU!!! Was missing streaming radio option and never thought to look at Preferences. Don't understand why Apple doesn't provide info on changes like this when they do updates. OF course, perhaps I missed it.

• Tidehawk Level 1 (0 points)

Just had to update to the new version and was upset to find the Internet radio stations missing. Quick scan here solved my problems. Box to check is right there in Preferences. Thanks varjak paw!