Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repaired parts: none?

Hi everyone

I just received back my iPhone 5 from the Apple Service Centre in Holland. So far so good.

The letter contained in the box states that some parts have been replaced. A list follows which is supposed to detail what parts but there is not even one entry in said list.

How do I know my phone got repaired and not just looked at and sent back? Can anyone help me? I called Apple Support but the lady on the phone was not sure what repairs had been made.

Please help

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 3:46 AM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2013 4:02 AM in response to iacopo.g

I think you will find it will have been exchanged rather than repaired. Check the serial number. If that is the case, it is often the way they do things nowadays; though the replacements are always tested and meet 'New' standards and carry the full guarantee from the point in time you receive it. I stand to be corrected on this so I am repeating what i recall from reading other questions.

Sep 25, 2013 4:09 AM in response to seventy one

Sadly, it's still my original iPhone 5. No replacement (I recognise the dents on the bezel)! I wish I could know because everything has been pretty normal so far in terms of recharging the battery. The phone still gets pretty hot on the back.

I wish there was a way I could know if the battery is new. I just hope my battery won't still die after 5/6 hours! Fingers crossed

Repaired parts: none?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.