Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1 email account sync alternative?

Hi over there!

First time now with iOS 7 and iTunes 11.1 i wanted to "clean up" my iDevices a little bit. Means throwing out this and that, resyncing a lot.

Then I noticed, that iTunes will no longer sync Account informations (like Emails, Calendars, Contacts...). Earlier versions had that "info" tab, while it is no longer present in the actual version. Googling my problem I stumbled over a post from another guy, who got a response from Apple team for this problem, saying that they "removed this option" because it would be no longer neccesary (I thought it was a beta thing of iTunes and they'll put it back in the final 11.1 - now obviously they didn't).

My problem: I do not belong to the guys who have a problem syncing things over the iCloud. Actually I do this for months now, because it comes in very handy. This is for my calendars and my contacts. But as far as I understand, there IS NO option to sync you email accounts or settings over iCloud. You can sync your @me adress, but I don't even use this. For work & university I even have to use another one. While using 6 different email addresses, it is totally annoying to have to set them up every time a new device gets in or a restore was made. Even though this doesn't happen too often, I just can't believe that Apple removed the option to sync ACCOUNTS, without giving us an alternative? So I hope that I just don't mind a simple, present solution for that and you can point me to it :-)

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 5, iOS 7, iTunes 11.1, Mavericks DP8

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 5:36 AM

1 reply

iTunes 11.1 email account sync alternative?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.