Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use airdrop to send music? (iOS 7)

What the Title says.

iPad Mini-OTHER, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 6:35 AM

No.

4 replies

Jun 3, 2015 11:42 AM in response to willyoman

willyoman wrote:

you cannot send music

This isn't exactly true. I just sent an mp3 from my computer to my iPhone with AirDrop. The only thing is that it doesn't allow you to import it into iTunes on the iPhone or iPad. You have to have like a 3rd party app to open the file with. I personally was using FileManager. And the music is playing and sounding great!

May 14, 2016 3:39 PM in response to calebfromok

calebfromok wrote:

willyoman wrote:

you cannot send music

This isn't exactly true. I just sent an mp3 from my computer to my iPhone with AirDrop. The only thing is that it doesn't allow you to import it into iTunes on the iPhone or iPad. You have to have like a 3rd party app to open the file with. I personally was using FileManager. And the music is playing and sounding great!

calebfromok is correct. I just sent an AAC file from my MB to my iPhone and used Evernote to store it. Wish I could have dropped it into iTunes since they are both on the same account.

Can you use airdrop to send music? (iOS 7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.