Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 notification center will not sort by time

after updating my iPhone 5 to iOS 7, the notification center will no longer sort by time. i am accustomed to the iOS putting the latest notifications at the top. it's convenient: you feel that buzz and all you have to do is swipe down to see what caused the phone to buzz--right there at the top!

when i got into settings > notification center > notifications view, i can click "sort manually" then swipe down and see the the sort order has indeed changed. if i then click "sort by time" then swipe down, i see that BEHOLD, the notification center is now thankfully sorted by time. all is good, right?

but it does not hold. after i get more notifications, it goes back to whatever view it's using where it's clearly not sorted by time. it's maddening.

anyone else having this issue? i couldn't find anything about it at all online.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 7:23 AM

21 replies

Oct 8, 2013 10:10 AM in response to sunbears

I am having this issue as well. I first noticed it on one of the dev betas on my 4S which I thought was just a bug or something and at first my 5S sorted everything by time but now it's back to being a random annoying mess like the beta. I can also temporarily fix this issue by switching to manual then back to time but it doesn't stick for me either.

iOS 7 notification center will not sort by time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.