Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 - iPhone 4S - Sync session failed to start.

When attempting to sync my iPhone 4S it after immediately plugging it into my laptop before and after starting iTunes, "iPhone could not sync because the sync session failed to start."

I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop using Safari and running iOS7

Last time i sync'd was about 4 days a go with no problem.

So far I have;

Open itunes--> Edit--> Preferences--> Devices

Delete the backup

Reset sync history

Close itunes

Open itunes, then File--> Sync

Still no luck, any suggestions????

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 8:02 AM

16 replies

Sep 25, 2013 9:28 AM in response to naughty_1984

Hi! I was having the same problem too and after messing around with everything this is how I got it to work... Restart your computer

While your computer is resarting, clear all of the applications from the background. You can do this by pushing the home button twice and swiping the programs off the screen.

After you are done doing that, restart your phone.

Wait about 10 seconds or so, that is what I did, and turn your phone back on. By the time you get your phone back on your computer should be completly restarted and ready to go.

When your phone is back on, plug it into your computer. This should automatically bring up your Itunes, you may get another pop up that says autoplay, you can close that out. That's it. I hope it helps and good luck 🙂

Nov 11, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Estelleliz

I have a 4S jusst upgraded to iOS7 had the same issue with not being able to syn. I followed the above instructions the first time. andit worked like a charm. However the next time I tried to sync my sync session failed again - followed the instructions above again - it synced. But here I am for the 3rd time in about 4 weeks trying to sync again and my sync session failed again. Anyone else hav

In addition, it seems like I can't update my apps from my phone anymore.

Anyone else have these issue - have you found a solution? iOS 7 seems to still have a lot of bugs to sort out.

iOS7 - iPhone 4S - Sync session failed to start.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.