Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies Show up in Smart Albums not Photos?

I have an interesting issue I'm trying to help someone with whre a handful of videos show up in a smart album but not in the Photos or Events view.

1. Shot about 5 videos on an iPad2 Running iOS 7.
  2. Connected via cable to MacBook Pro (10.8.5) and imported the videos to iphoto
  3. Videos initially showed up (likely in the recently imported window) and they were able to play them
  4. 2 days later went looking for the videos and could not find them in the Photos or Events in iPhoto
  5. Shot another 4-5 videos on the same iPad2 and imported them via cable
  6. Here is where it gets interesting
  7. iPhoto sees the other movies are already there and asks if we want to import duplicates (we say no)
  8. New Videos show up under Events/Photos, first set still does not
  9. However if I create a Smart Album and tell it to show all Movies the "missing" videos show up in the Smart Album! They are still not shown in Photos/Events

Anyone know what is going on here? Can always just get all the files out and create a new iPhoto database to import in to but trying to see if can fix it without being that drastic.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 8:29 AM

4 replies

Movies Show up in Smart Albums not Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.