Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

silverlight used by netflix crashing my macbook air

Hello all,

When I watch a video on Netflix that uses the silverlight plugin my macbook air (13inch 2012 model) crashes. The picture will freeze and the audio will skip. I have to force my macbook to restart.

It done this quite a few times and eventually my mac refused to boot up. I contacted Apple and it turned out my SSD drive was faulty. So I just assumed it was the SSD all along.

I've now got my macbook repaired with a new SSD and it's doing the exact same thing again. I'm scared to watch any videos on netflix in case it causes the same damage to my SSD as it did last time.

It only seems to happen when Netflix is in fullscreen mode (Safari, Chrome). When I'm playing in a window it seems to be ok.

Any one else with this problem? Any idea how I can report this issue to Apple?

Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 9:52 AM

1 reply

Sep 25, 2013 9:06 PM in response to rhirons

Hello,

The same exact thing happened to me ... I watched movies on watchever.de, closed the notebook, and tomorrow: bang, it wont turn on ... Formated the drive, and istalled a fresh OS X, started good, and after a few clicks it freezed, and I got the blue screen. On Apple store, I got my SSD replaced, and I believe that it was Silverlight fault ... I also stopped watching movies from these sites!

Regards

silverlight used by netflix crashing my macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.