Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to wi-fi network with my 2nd gen itouch even after following most troubleshooting solutions; have 3 other devices that connect with no problem (using wndr3700v3 dual router)

cannot connect to home wi-fi connection with my 2nd gen itouch even after following most troubleshooting solutions. i have 2 5-gen itouch ipods and a kindle fire hd 8.9 that can connecto to my wi-fi network and even download from my e-mail accounts with no problem. it had no problem connecting with my old a/b/g netgear router nor the first time i installed my new netgear wndr3700v3 router. since then, no connection. don't know what happened.

help

iPod touch, iOS 3.1.3

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 10:30 AM

1 reply

Sep 25, 2013 10:38 AM in response to peanuts13

Does the iOS device connect to other networks?

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on the router

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Could it be this:

iOS: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth settings grayed out or dim

One user reported that placing the iPod in the freezer fixed the problem. A trick that works frequently with iPhones:

Settings > AirPlane Mode ON, Do Not Disturb ON

Power down and wait 5-10 minutes

Power up

Settings > AirPlane Mode OFF, Do Not Disturb OFF

If not successful, an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is usually in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

cannot connect to wi-fi network with my 2nd gen itouch even after following most troubleshooting solutions; have 3 other devices that connect with no problem (using wndr3700v3 dual router)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.