Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad new ios7 made my camera stop working

After downloading ios7 my camera doesn't work. I open it to take photos and the screen stays black save fore the buttons on screen that don't do anything when I touch them. I have already gone through general seeing to restrictions then camera and no luck there. I've even tried restarting the app several times and even restarting my iPad. I'm frustrated because this iPad isn't even a year old yet! I use my iPad for snapping photos of my artwork to share with family but it's not working at all, just black screen.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 10:19 AM

20 replies

Oct 5, 2013 3:35 PM in response to StevenBulifant

Went to Apple today. Notified the employee assisting me of all the suggestions I tried. He fiddled and confirmed the camera isn't working. He said it's probably a hardware issue.

Mine was within warranty and is being sent off for replacement. Go to Apple. See what they can do. If you still have warranty then use it. I was worried id go in and it'd be something painfully obvious to fix that I just overlooked but even he couldn't figure it out for the life of him. Nonetheless, that's what is going on with mine. I should have a new one by Tuesday!

Best of luck.

iPad new ios7 made my camera stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.