Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reduce the amount of iCloud storage you are using by September 30, 2013 emails

I keep getting emails telling me to reduce the amount of storage you are using or purchase a storage plan, but when I click Manage my Storage Plan the plan I want isn't available. I've been trying to get help on this topic for a week.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 10:22 AM

15 replies

Jul 21, 2015 4:31 AM in response to alienlovesong

I just received this email too and its July 2015, yet the subject line states:

Reduce the amount of iCloud storage you are using by September 30, 2013.

First, its not 2013 anymore. I cant believe Apple would send out emails and not check their subject lines OR their dates.

Second, I have used 0.2 GB of 5 GB free plan and I do not send photos (or anything for that matter) to the "cloud".

So I dont believe this email is authentic at all. I am not clicking on anything..

Jul 21, 2015 6:17 AM in response to AnthonyNC

AnthonyNC wrote:

I just received this email too and its July 2015, yet the subject line states:

Reduce the amount of iCloud storage you are using by September 30, 2013.

First, its not 2013 anymore. I cant believe Apple would send out emails and not check their subject lines OR their dates.

Second, I have used 0.2 GB of 5 GB free plan and I do not send photos (or anything for that matter) to the "cloud".

So I dont believe this email is authentic at all. I am not clicking on anything..

What is the senders email address

Jul 21, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Csound1

I plan to ignore it.

In case someone from Apple sees this, please know the only URL within the email body appears to be a valid Apple site. (https://support.apple.com/kb/HT5527) The grammar and spelling look good which is not always the case with scams. The email layout and appearance looks like other Apple emails, and the help links along the bottom are all valid Apple links. I hovered over each and compared them to the Apple site links.

Reduce the amount of iCloud storage you are using by September 30, 2013 emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.