Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reducing iCloud storage... is it a scam?

I have deleted a significant amount of my email mailboxes as well as contacts and my usage has not gone down... is this a scam?? I am not very techy... all I want is to be able to keep my work info accessible on all my devices...

iCloud

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 11:45 AM

You can check to see what is using the storage and how much here:
Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage.

You said you cleaned up Mail. Camera Roll and Messages tend to be culprits too. Delete old messages and transfer photos & videos from your camera roll to your computer. That should reduce the iCloud backup for your device.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2013 11:45 AM in response to TaraToo

You can check to see what is using the storage and how much here:
Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage.

You said you cleaned up Mail. Camera Roll and Messages tend to be culprits too. Delete old messages and transfer photos & videos from your camera roll to your computer. That should reduce the iCloud backup for your device.

Sep 25, 2013 11:45 AM in response to TaraToo

If you mean emails telling you that your complimentary extra storage as an ex-MobileMe subscriber (assuming you indeed were) will terminate on 30 September, it's not a scam and that is what will happen if you don't purchase it from then on - your storage will revert to the free 5GB level.

If you wish to continue your current storage level, the instructions are here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5527

Scroll down to 'How do I purchase my current plan?' and expand the section applicable to your computer or device.

reducing iCloud storage... is it a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.