Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Drop restarts iPhone 5s iOS 7

My friend and I tried using Air Drop with our iPhone 5S's for a 2 minute video.

I was the receiver. As the file was sending, he pressed the Home button (almost 1/4 done transferring), wondering if the Air Drop would continue in the background. My phone then reset itself. (second time this happened- first time didn't realize what was going on, just saw phone reset and thought was just a temporary glitch)

Experimented- I was the sender now (34 second video). I pressed the home buttom about 1/4 of the way through. His phone acted a little weird and told me the text box was locked from opening.

Reset of phone fixed problem-for now.

On LTE.

Any body else willing to experiment and see if this a common occurence?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 11:31 AM

4 replies

Sep 28, 2013 10:57 AM in response to Topher.hoard

Did you do the same process (Home button during transfer)? Or are you letting the transfer go through the whole way?

Talked to an Apple CSR via the online chat.

Said Air Drop needs to be on the transfer screen throughout the whole process. Not sure if they were just saying that because it seemed obvious, or if that is official for AirDrop.

Air Drop restarts iPhone 5s iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.