Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reduce the amount of iCloud storage

i get an email from icloud telling me that im using 16.9gb , but i checked the id on my mac and iphone shows only 4 gb , the email id i get this email from is not my main apple id im using , its another id not used for icloud.....so im really confused here...

cheers

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:01 PM

was the email from noreply-at-insideicloud.icloud.com?

That's a scam - ignore it, do not follow any links in it or provide any asked for information.

As you've already confirmed yourself, your iCloud account is fine.

5 replies

Sep 25, 2013 12:05 PM in response to Michael Black

hey Michael , tks ur fast reply

ya the email u pointed to is correct , but the links in that email all links to apple websites??

When your complimentary iCloud storage upgrade expires in 5 days, your iCloud storage will be automatically adjusted to the free 5 GB plan.
You are currently using 16.94 GB of storage. iCloud Backup, Documents in the Cloud, and iCloud Mail will temporarily stop working on September 30, 2013, unless you reduce the amount of storage you are using or purchase a storage plan.
For more information, see this article.
The iCloud Team

Sep 25, 2013 12:10 PM in response to jazz0

Are you sure they do not go to sites at the domain apple.net (which is not an actuall Apple domain)?

Regardless, as you know the email is wrong, your spidey sense should be tingling like 10,000v charge.

My rule of thumb for any email that you are unsure of, is do as you did and independently verify the information yourself. As you checked on your device, without using anything in the email itself, that your storage is fine, clearly the email is at least flat out wrong, and almost assuredly a phishing scam.

Apple may warn you if your iCloud storage was full, but I doubt they'd bother to check your actual usage to two decimal places and send that.

Oct 4, 2013 12:56 AM in response to Michael Black

hi micheal

i did ignore it , now my email cant receive any emails ( i still can send) , the reason shows is over quota

the issue is when i check the storage on icloud , it shows email : 800mb and remaining 4.2gb

im confused how to upgrade the storage plan as the apple id im using is not same as my email id , its another one..can u help me?

thanks in advance

Reduce the amount of iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.