Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one pause a crawl

Is it possible to stop a credit roll (crawl) or pause a credit roll?

Thank you in advanced for any help.

J.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 2:50 PM

You can create the illusion of a (finite) pause by going to a still.

6 replies

Sep 26, 2013 5:41 AM in response to 30framesasecond

Okay, I got it. Maybe a workaround but it works. I was able to find a match frame using Boris. Once the match is found in the viewer window, I freeze that and place it over the original text layer at the match point. Once I've done that, I make a 1 frame fade to 0 opacity on the bottom, original layer. Is this essential what you meant RatVega. If so, thank you, most helpful.

J

Sep 26, 2013 10:27 AM in response to 30framesasecond

If you are using Boris Title Crawl (Roll) to move make your crawl (roll), then it has the controls to freeze and hold the crawl (roll) when you want, and then resume crawling (rolling), etc.

If you look at the controls for Boris Title Crawl, and scroll all the way the bottom of the controls, you will see a paddle for "Percent Complete".

User uploaded file

You turn it on by clicking the Use Percent Complete check box.

Go to the start of where you want the roll to start and place a keyframe on percent complete, leaving the percent complete at "0".

Now move your playhead on the timeline to where you want the roll to pause (still). Place another keyframe there, and adjust the paddle for Percent Complete to get the text you want displayed and stilled positioned at that point. If you back up and play the effect now, you will see that the text crawls (rolls) from the first keyframe and the stops where you place the second.

If you want it to hold at that point and resume crawling (rolling) then position the playhead where you want the crawl (roll) to resume and place a keyframe there. Then move the playhead to where you want the text to roll (crawl) off screen, place another keyframe there, and move the Percent Complete paddle for that keyframe all the way to the right to get the text to move off screen.

If you want your crawl (roll) to glide to a stop as opposed to a hard stop when it stills, control-click on the keyframe you placed to stop the crawl (roll) and select Smooth from the drop down menu.

MtD

How does one pause a crawl

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.