Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad can't connect to 3G after upgrade

I have upgraded my iPad 2 from ios6 to ios7 and now my 3G doesn't work. It seems that the APN settings aren't being retained and the network can't be recognised. Can you please advise how to fix this.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:11 PM

8 replies

Sep 27, 2013 7:09 AM in response to Bodnek99

Hi, Bodnek99.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you have the APN settings for your carrier, here are the best resources to adjust these settings.

iOS: About cellular data network settings (viewing or editing the APN)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2283

iOS: Editing APN settings using iPhone Configuration Utility

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4839

Cheers,

Jason H.

Sep 30, 2013 11:58 AM in response to Bodnek99

Are you getting a signal from your provider? If so, it's par for the course that major iOS upgrades can blank out your APN settings. If you can access those make sure they match what your provider settings are. If you don't know them just Google the name of your provider and APN and the results should help.

I had to take various screenshots and pictures of the SIM. So they're still investigating my case.

Oct 16, 2013 1:50 AM in response to Bodnek99

There is an alternate solution if you have taken backup in your computer via itunes before upgrading to i.o.s7.

After upgrade you will be able to use only itunes 11.1 or above. Connect your iphone and open itunes.Click iphone menu. New window will open in which we have the option "reset iphone". Click and allow your phone to reset back up settings. After reset your iphone will get restart automatically.and the settings including the APN setting will be restored.

Note:- IOS will be remaining on ios7 itself.

Same will be applicable for IPAD too.

Regards,

Srijith

Nov 25, 2014 2:04 PM in response to mpaulo

well guys i have a at&t iphone 4 with straight talk and i couldn't connected to internet because can't make changes to apn settings, so connect to wifi and go to this browser www.iapnupdatetfdata.straighttalk.com it should take you to straight talk install app and than disconnect from wifi and turn off and back on and it should work i had to do it twice but my phone is working with straighttalk and my phone is not unlock. i don't know if this will help

iPad can't connect to 3G after upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.