Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App & Gmail No Longer Synching

Using Mac OS X 10.6.8 & Version 4.6 (1085) of Mail.

I've had my work Gmail coming into Mail on my Macbook Pro for a couple of years now without any issues. A few days ago Google had some unspecified issues that apparently affected about 50% of users (not sure if these were Google Apps users or all users). I was having to use the web app for Gmail during this time, as nothing was importing into Mail. Even on the web though, e-mail was coming though late, out of order, and there were huge delays. Everything seems back to normal with Google, yet for some reason my mail is still not importing into the Mail app. I've double checked with other people around the office that use Mail for their work gmail accounts, and everything is back to normal for them.

I didn't change any settings at all, but since the Google outages I am not getting my mail in the App. I went through both Mail preferences & Google preferences to make sure all of my settings were still in place & correct, and they are. IMAP is still enabled in Google & all of the IMAP settings are correct & active in Mail.

One thing I did notice is that Mail *tries* to download messages. I see it constantly saying "Incoming Messages... 1 of 284", but it eventually stops and nothing comes in.

I tried a complete shutdown (multiple times), restarts, both App & Google logouts/restarts... nothing. At this point, I'm at a loss as to what to even look at. Any suggestions?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mail, Google

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:30 PM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2013 8:51 AM in response to LeeannDunton

This is still an issue... *sigh*. The one thing I haven't tried is deleting the IMAP record in mail preferences & re-adding it. I'm hesitant to do that, as it says, "The account's setup information, mailboxes, messages, notes, and to do items will be deleted permanently from your computer." I have about 2 year's worth of e-mails organized in my mail app, and the thought of losing all of that gives me dayterrors. Haha.

Any ideas?!

Mail App & Gmail No Longer Synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.