Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5 charger is broken. can i go to my local apple store to get a new one for free?

can i get a charger for free from the Apple store if my iphone 5 charger is broke?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:41 PM

Perhaps, depends how it broke. If it was due to a manufacturers defect and you are still under warranty, it would be replaced for free. If you broke it accidentally or by some sort of mis-use, then no, your warranty does not cover that. If your warranty is over, then you will have to pay for a new one regardless.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2013 12:41 PM in response to laurajmcfly

Perhaps, depends how it broke. If it was due to a manufacturers defect and you are still under warranty, it would be replaced for free. If you broke it accidentally or by some sort of mis-use, then no, your warranty does not cover that. If your warranty is over, then you will have to pay for a new one regardless.

my iphone 5 charger is broken. can i go to my local apple store to get a new one for free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.