Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage being sent as text, but being received as iMessage?

I've searched high and low. I've tried everything known to man. Nothing is working.

Here are the facts:

• Both me and my friend have iPhones
  • both of us have imessage on
  • we both are sending eachother messages via the message app on our iphones
  • i can send and receieve imessages from others who have iphones
  • when we send messages to eachother, I receieve an imessage but mine go out as text.

which means she sends imessaage and receives text message

• SMS is off
  • my send and receieve is reached by phone and email, start new by phone

I would assume this is something on my end, as my texts are going out as texts not imessage, but when i text my family (who all have iphones) it works fine. At the same time mind you, i was asking my mom why it was doing that and exchanging imessages as I was texting her going "what is going on?" so its not that i don't have wifi or 3g or singal and its sending as sms because it cant get through.

We're at a loss.

Suggestions? Help?! I really dont want to have to imessage her email, i don't know why i'd rather not, i just would rather not.

*UPDATE*

She reset the network and it worked! Of course after I went to the trouble of making this discussion. I couldn't find that suggestion anywhere so I'll leave this up incase someone else has the prob.

Sorry about the typos.

Message was edited by: kiwi1214

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 12:44 PM

the problem sounds like is with your friends phone, if it is only her that you're having probs with.

she should deactivate iMessage on her phone, and any other devices she has. Then reactivate it. 99% of the time that will fix it.

1 reply

iMessage being sent as text, but being received as iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.