Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle spontaneously disconnects from iTunes

When I connect my iPod Shuffle to my MacBook Pro, iTunes launches, begins to sync files and charge the iPod. Moments later, an alert message will appear in iTunes erroneously saying that the iPod has been removed before being properly ejected. I have no similar problems with my iPod classic nor any other USB device. The iPod Shuffle otherwise functions properly. Any advice?

iPod shuffle, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 2:53 PM

4 replies

Sep 25, 2013 3:13 PM in response to BFDIII

It could be a problem with the USB port, the USB cable, or the shuffle itself.

For the USB port, it seems to be working because it works with your other iPod. However, if you have other USB devices connected at the same time (such as your other iPod), I would shut down (power off) the Mac and disconnect all USB devices including hub. Do this to Reset the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1655

(also, if you can note which shuffle model you have and include that info if you need to post back.)

Start up the Mac, run iTunes, and connect the shuffle to a direct USB port on the Mac This is to test if there might be a power-related issue or USB conflict between devices.

To rule out faulty USB cable as the cause, if possible, try a different USB cable, or try the one you have with another shuffle.

Does the shuffles stay connected long enough for you to go to its Summary screen in iTunes, to make setting changes?

iPod Shuffle spontaneously disconnects from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.