Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to create a separate sheet listing specific contents of another?

Here's the context:

There's a recording studio complex containing three seperate studios; studio 1, studio 2 and studio 3.

I have created a Numbers document with a Main sheet listing ALL of the equipment in the complex. The table in this sheet details the make and model of each piece of equipment, its value, serial number etc etc... There's a column called 'Location' listing which of the three studios each piece of equipment is in.

I now want three sererate sheets for each of the three studios and ideally the tables in these sheets will automatically update depending on what is written in the 'Location' column of the Main sheet.

Can somebody please tell me if this is possible and if so, how? If not possible, what would you suggest as an alternative?

Thanks you very much in advance,

Joseph

iWork Numbers-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 4:16 PM

This question was asked on second page of questions:

How to create a table from another table

I think it may be what you are looking for.

MSwint

3 replies

Sep 26, 2013 12:25 AM in response to josephhj

Hi Joseph,

Listen Inn is correct; the linked discussion answers essentially the same question as you asked.

User uploaded file

Think of the first column (A) in the Data table as holding the Make of the piece, the second (B) the Model, and the third (C) the serial number.

Column D (labelled "Store") contains the location information.

The last column contains an index. made up of the Location and a count of items in that location from the top of the Data table to the current row.

Set up the table and formulas as shown in the the other discussion, then insert columns after column B or C until you have enough column for your date.

Enter oyur data, and you should be good to go.

Regards,

Barry

how to create a separate sheet listing specific contents of another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.