3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 4:01 AM by josephhj
josephhj Level 1 Level 1

Here's the context:

There's a recording studio complex containing three seperate studios; studio 1, studio 2 and studio 3.

I have created a Numbers document with a Main sheet listing ALL of the equipment in the complex. The table in this sheet details the make and model of each piece of equipment, its value, serial number etc etc... There's a column called 'Location' listing which of the three studios each piece of equipment is in.

I now want three sererate sheets for each of the three studios and ideally the tables in these sheets will automatically update depending on what is written in the 'Location' column of the Main sheet.

Can somebody please tell me if this is possible and if so, how? If not possible, what would you suggest as an alternative?

Thanks you very much in advance,

Joseph

iWork Numbers, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)
Solved by Barry on Sep 26, 2013 12:25 AM Solved
Hi Joseph, Listen Inn is correct; the linked discussion answers essentially the same question as you asked.Think of the first column (A) in the Data table as holding the Make of the piece, the second (B) the Model, and the third (C) the serial number. Column D (labelled "Store") contains the location information. The last column contains an index. made up of the Location and a count of items in that location from the top of the Data table to the current row. Set up the table and formulas as shown in the the other discussion, then insert columns after column B or C until you have enough column for your date. Enter oyur data, and you should be good to go. Regards,Barry
Reply by Listen Inn on Sep 25, 2013 4:16 PM Helpful
This question was asked on second page of questions:  How to create a table from another tableI think it may be what you are looking for.MSwint

All replies

• Listen Inn Level 1 Level 1

This question was asked on second page of questions: 

How to create a table from another table

I think it may be what you are looking for.

MSwint

• Barry Level 7 Level 7

Hi Joseph,

Listen Inn is correct; the linked discussion answers essentially the same question as you asked.

Screen Shot 2013-09-16 at 8.03.31 PM.png

Think of the first column (A) in the Data table as holding the Make of the piece, the second (B) the Model, and the third (C) the serial number.

Column D (labelled "Store") contains the location information.

The last column contains an index. made up of the Location and a count of items in that location from the top of the Data table to the current row.

Set up the table and formulas as shown in the the other discussion, then insert columns after column B or C until you have enough column for your date.

Enter oyur data, and you should be good to go.

Regards,

Barry

• josephhj Level 1 Level 1

Thanks so much to both of you! Very much appreciate your help!

Joe